If you're having a bad night, need some cheering up with a good dose of period drama or just love Jane Austen. All links are either putlocker, sockshare or youtube playlists.
Adaptions of Original Works:P r i d e a n d P r e j u d i c e | [Read]
S e n s e a n d S e n s i b i l i t y | [Read]
- Pride and Prejudice (2005), starring Kiera Knightley
- Pride and Prejudice (1995), starring Jennifer Ehle
- Pride and Prejudice (1980), starring Elizabeth Garvie
- Pride and Prejudice (1940), starring Greer Garson
N o r t h a n g e r A b b e y | [Read]
- Sense and Sensibility (2008), starring Hattie Morahan: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Sense and Sensibility (1995), starring Emma Thompson
- Sense and Sensibility (1981), starring Irene Richard
- Sense and Sensibility (1971), starring Joanna David
E m m a | [Read]
- Northanger Abbey (2007), starring Felicity Jones
- Northanger Abbey (1986), starring Katharine Schlesinger
P e r s u a s i o n | [Read]
- Emma (2009), starring Romola Garai: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Emma (1996), starring Gwyneth Paltrow
- Emma (1996), starring Kate Beckinsale
- Emma (1972), starring Doran Godwin
M a n s f i e l d P a r k | [Read]
- Persuasion (2007), starring Sally Hawkins
- Persuasion (1995), starring Amanda Root
- Persuasion (1971), starring Ann Firbank
- Mansfield Park (2007), starring Billie Piper
- Mansfield Park (1999), starring Frances O’Connor
- Mansfield Park (1983), starring Sylvestra Le Touzel
Inspired By and Spinoffs:
- Austenland (2013)
- Bride and Prejudice (2004)
- Bridget Jones’ Diary (2001)
- Clueless (1995)
- Death Comes to Pemberley (2013): Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- Emma Approved (2013)
- Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000)
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (2012)
- Lost in Austen (2008)
- The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)
Movies About Jane Austen:
YA LIT MEME | seven friendships [1/7] » Rudy Steiner + Liesel Meminger
“Saukerl,” she laughed, and as she held up her hand, she knew completely that he was simultaneously calling her a Saumensch. I think that’s as close to love as eleven-year-olds can get.
"Finish Fewer Books" (x)
- The Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
- Q: a Love Story - Evan Mandery
- The Tiny Wife - Andrew Kaufman
- Happily Ever After - Harriet Evans
- A Walk in the Park - Jill Mansell
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years - Donald Miller
- King Dork - Frank Portman
- StarGirl - Jerry Spinelli
- Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher
- The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
It’s been years since I read the Old Kingdom trilogy, so I didn’t remember details of her appearanc,e btu I always was 100% sure Sabriel had Louise Brooks’ hairstyle.
You wanted a war, dear reader? Here is war, up close and personal. Here is the boredom and the fear and the being locked in a “safe” place with no control. Here is Prim dying pointlessly. Here is PTSD. Here is a brainwashed, weaponized version of your beautiful lover who went off to battle and came back a killer. Here are people, fatuous people but people who cared about you and who just happened to be on the wrong side at the wrong time, people who are beaten and kept in chains by your allies. Here are your friends and peers dying screaming in the stinking dark, literally torn to pieces and devoured alive. Here is the man you thought would be your confidante for life and maybe something more, the blood of your fucking family all over his hands. Here is beaten down exhaustion and despair and confusion. Here is everything you wanted, dear reader. Eat it up. Choke it down. Does any of it seem so necessary now?
And for all that price paid, what changes? The old man is dying anyway, he chokes to death on his own blood laughing at you. The old lady just brings the games back. Everything you fought for, perverted by power-hungry politicians. All that changed was the color of the boot and the neck it pressed down on.
Even after righting THAT final wrong, the only happy ending Katniss gets is that she can tell her kids why mommy wakes up screaming at night.
Yeah, the prose isn’t the best. But damn do I love where Collins took the series. It’s not an adventure series about justified vengeance. It’s about the consequences of violence, and the personal and social toll it takes on everybody. She fashioned an intense anti-war story and suckered the audience into it with her thrilling dystopia tales. What a great trick.
He—the “mr” makes me assume it’s a he—got it. That’s why I think this trilogy is so brilliant, and this guy got it, though I wouldn’t have in-your-face’d the review so bad. Collins shows the aftermath of revolution so beautifully.
He doesn’t indiscriminately kill random characters.
He intentionally and deliberately kills characters for whom it makes sense to die.
An unusual amount of characters die in his books because most writers won’t commit to realism enough to do the same.
Perfect accents for any Harry Potter fan’s bed or couch. House crests with corresponding colors fill the surfaces on this pillow set. Meausres 18” x 18”. Sold on Etsy.
NEWS: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Trailer – “The Mockingjay Lives”
so i checked my folder with sketches and found some saurons
-Second Age Sauron (Battle of the Gwathlo is soon,heh) -First age Sauron, this pic was a part of a strip about Gorlim’s treachery (another one unfinished strip yey ;__;) - some weird shit I don’t know what is it and don’t remember why i drew that (why are they eating anyway?)